Is there anything more comforting than a good lasagna?
With melted cheese and layers and layers of oozing goodness, I cannot think of anything I’d rather eat – especially during the winter!
But, come to think of it, is there really ever a bad time to eat lasagna? Uh… the answer is NO!
If you’ve followed my blog for any length of time, you probably know that I *try* to create seasonally inspired, low carb recipes and that’s not easy to do with lasagna.
But, I’m going to try…at least, let’s go for a low-ER carb lasagna recipe. Specifically, it’s my Vegetable Lasagna and I really hope you like it!
Let’s get cooking!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
What You Need:
- 7 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups pasta sauce (red or white)
- 1 lb of vegetable lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to directions on package.
- Mix herbs, garlic, and ricotta cheese in a bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of an 8″ x 11″ baking dish.
- Add a layer of vegetable noodles.
- Add a layer of vegetables.
- Spread a layer of the ricotta cheese mix over the vegetables.
- Repeat layers, finishing with pasta and sauce.
- Add Parmesan cheese to the top and cook (covered with foil) for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 more minutes to brown top.