This post contains affiliate links. That means I will earn a commission if you purchase a product (at no additional cost to you) through certain links on this page. These commissions help keep my kitchen lights on.
What’s better than a delicious, healthy, low-carb acorn squash vegetable stew?
A delicious, healthy, low-carb acorn squash stew with a spicy kick!
Look, I’m not going to lie – sometimes vegetable stews can be bland. But this recipe kicks it up a notch with cumin, chili and garlic powder and a sauteed onion – just for good measure!
I can’t wait for you to try this curried acorn squash stew. It’s a delectable, spicy recipe that will leave your taste buds tingling for more.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
What You Need
- 4 tomatoes- peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium acorn squash- peeled and diced
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 cup of Goya pinto beans
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil (this is my favorite)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon McCormick ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Do You Like Content Like This?
If so, please click the Big Green Button below to Join My Mailing List. I’ll even send you a FREE COPY of my Seasonal Mediterranean Diet Ingredients Shopping List printable PDF.
I don’t spam my subscribers and you’ll only hear from me when I have a new recipe or post to share!
What You Do
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil and saute onion in a large sauce pan like this one.
- Add thyme, cinnamon and chili powder and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add garlic powder, cumin, lemon juice, and tomatoes and mix thoroughly.
- In the large sauce pan, stir in pinto beans, diced acorn squash, and water. Season with salt and pepper and let the stew simmer for about an hour, until squash is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Looking for more, incredible Low Carb Keto Recipes? Check this out…